CAM Express 7.5 is a full function, CAD neutral, NC programming system that is easy to deploy and increases productivity in machining. CAM Express 7.5 establishes a new standard for CAM software capability, with substantial advances in 5 axis machining, feature-based automation and user experience. New for CAM Express 7.5 is an advanced 5 axis milling capability for turbomachinery components, such as blisks, impellers, fans, etc. Special roughing, blade finishing and hub finishing operations are provided, with specific geometry selections for hubs and blades that streamline the process and provide effective, efficient 5 axis tool paths. CAM Express ensures safe 5 axis motions between the blades. Feature based machining is now provided for hole making, milling, turning, and wire edm processes.
Additional updates include:
- Interactive programming control provides rapid tool path creation and adjustment with a “virtual jog mode” interaction.
- Parallel tool path processing dramatically reduces wait times and fully utilizes multi-core computing systems.
- Improved cut patterns for rest milling of uncut valleys produce better finish and maintain tool life
- Feed rate optimization automatically analyzes tool loading and adjusts feed rates for uniform material removal
- Sinumerik spline output is available for suitably equipped controllers.
CAM Express 7.5 provides substantial new capabilities across the NC programming environment.